Friday, October 1, 2010

Photo Quote of the Week

A technically perfect photograph can be the world's most boring picture. - Andreas Feininger


So I have to apologize for being behind this week and for being short, but I've been so swamped with school work as well as freelance work (not to mention my work work) that I've hardly had time to sleep, let alone do anything else.


So my quick thoughts but very obvious and important message are as follows:


BE CREATIVE!


Keep it simple.


DO IT!


Yep that's it.


Be creative is obvious yet so important.


I know when I started out, I was so focused on getting my metering down and the composition and this and that


I didn't really pause to have fun. 


I didn't make myself aware of whether the image was even interesting,
(and trust me there were many a time i should have checked)


Keep it simple, don't force yourself to be creative.


Now this doesn't mean that if you aren't feeling creative or can't come up with something to just give up.


What I mean is to think back to formalism.


Change your angle, change your lighting, change your depth of field.


Try turning your camera 45 degrees, so you aren't vertical or horizontal but diagonal.


Think of colors and shapes and lines. Draw those out in your images.


Shoot with the light in front of your subject, behind, to the side, above, below and every where else in between.


Do it. Whether you feel like it or not. 


Whether you think of it or not.


Whether you can come up with or not.


It's like Forrest Gump says, "you never know what you're gonna get."


If you don't shoot it you won't know for sure.


And even if you do shoot it, you won't know what you're getting until you've done it over and over and over again.


----------------------------------------------


Ok so that wasn't very short.


But can you blame me, I just want to share everything I can with you. 


Hopefully this makes sense.


Lots of Love and wishing you an awesome Friday!


{LPS}

No comments:

Post a Comment