Monday, May 24, 2010

An important lesson learned

So I have spent the past weekend working away on editing and "perfecting" images I was "hired" to do (I say "perfecting" because nothing is really ever perfect and "hired" because I'm still not getting paid).


And what have I learned through these countless hours?


I have learned that you should never book more another job if you haven't finished the first one. 


Well maybe not never, but you shouldn't do it if you aren't absolutely, positutely sure that you will be able to get them all done. . . within a reasonable timeframe. . . and a reasonable amount of stress.


Yes, so there you have it, and while I'm sure this may seem obvious, I think it falls under the "don't bite more than you can chew" category that we all like to conveniently ignore when we tell ourselves we can do anything.


(Even though we can do anything, as long as we pace ourselves and time manage well.)




{LPS}

No comments:

Post a Comment